How To Measure A Window
1. Visualize the windows you want to create. Keep in mind both your aesthetic wishes and your practical needs when you choose from vertical blinds, window shutters, cornices, and more.
2. The key to beautiful windows is to measure for window treatments accurately, so use a high-quality steel tape measure; never a wood or cloth tape measure.
3. For inside-mount blinds, give exact measurements, deductions for fit will be taken at the Next Day Blinds' factory.
4. For each shade, note the width measurement first, then the height. To ensure accuracy, measure window treatments width-first (we will take your orders width-first).
5. For inside-mount blinds, measure for window treatments at the top, middle, and bottom of each window frame and give us the narrowest measurement, rounded down to 1/8". When you measure for window treatments, remember to account for locks, knobs, and other hardware that can affect the way blinds and window shutters will hang.
6. Be sure to label each window treatment ("Kitchen", "Bedroom", etc.) in the Next Day Blinds shopping cart.
7. If you've got a truly unique window challenge, please call customer service at 800-556-6632. We'll walk you through a solution and help you measure for window treatments.