MEASURING BLINDS AND SHADES
To ensure the most accurate measurements:
- Visualize the windows you want to create. Keep in mind both your aesthetic wishes and your practical needs.
- The key to beautiful windows is accurate measuring, so use a high-quality steel tape measure; never a wood or cloth tape measure.
- For inside-mount blinds, give exact measurements, deductions for fit will be taken at our factory.
- For each shade, note the width measurement first, then the height. To ensure accuracy, record all of your measurements width-first (we will take your orders width-first).
- For inside-mount blinds, measure at the top, middle, and bottom of each window frame and give us the narrowest measurement, rounded down to 1/8". Remember to account for locks, knobs, and other hardware that can affect the way blinds will hang.
- For windows that will get inside-mounting blinds, compare the frame depths to the depth chart to be sure the blind will fit.
- Be sure to label each window treatment ("Kitchen", "Bedroom", etc.) on the order form.
- If you've got a truly unique window challenge, please call customer service. We'll walk you through a solution.
Measure size of opening in which blind is being mounted