Shipping &Order Information
Details about next day shipping, oversize items, transit time and more. Made a measuring mistake? Don’t worry -- we’ve got you covered.
Next Day Shipping & In-Store Pickup
We make what we sell, which means you’ll still receive your blinds fast! We can make your custom blinds and shades the same day they are ordered and ship them the next business day or have them available for pickup in one of our local Showrooms.
We are proud to offer free FedEx Ground shipping in the 48 contiguous United States on standard orders. During checkout, the system will provide an estimated delivery date based upon our manufacturing schedule and estimated time in transit.
In-store pickup is not yet available online but our local (Maryland, DC, Virginia) customers who prefer to measure and install themselves can choose this option when they place their order in a Showroom.
We ship blinds quick! Although please note, once your order has left our manufacturing facility, it is in the hands of FedEx (or common freight carrier in the case of oversize items) for delivery to you. Add their delivery days based on the shipping method to determine your delivery date.
Download shipping method
(before 4pm ET, except where noted)
(or available for Pickup)
Friday (after 4pm ET)
Saturday (all day)
Sunday (all day)
Ground Days in Transit
The map below applies to our free Ground shipping methods of FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery. It shows the estimated number of days in transit after your shipment leaves our manufacturing facility in Jessup, MD, to when FedEx will deliver it to you.
During checkout, we determine if your shipping address is commercial or residential and ship with the appropriate ground method.
FedEx Ground (commercial) and FedEx Home Delivery (residential) business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Example: A package shipped via FedEx Ground on Monday from our factory in Maryland to Ohio would have an estimated transit schedule of 2 business days, (not including the day the package is shipped). This order would be expected for delivery on Wednesday. However, if the package shipped on Friday with a 2-day transit schedule it would be expected for delivery the following Tuesday. Remember, during checkout, the system will provide an estimated delivery date based upon our manufacturing schedule and estimated time in transit.
Shipping Methods Available
Standard (non-oversize) orders choose from these available methods:
- FedEx Ground® (commercial destination) OR FedEx Home Delivery® (residential destination) – FREE.
During checkout, we determine if your shipping address is commercial or residential and send your shipment via the appropriate ground shipping method.
- FedEx Express Saver® – add $30/unit
- FedEx 2Day® – add $40/unit
- FedEx Standard Overnight® – add $100/unit
Oversize items have an additional surcharge and are usually sent via a common freight carrier; therefore we cannot quote a specific delivery date. Please allow 7-10 business days from the ship date to arrive.
- What qualifies as an oversize item? An oversize item is defined as any unit that is 94” or wider OR a vertical blind unit that is over 94” in either height or width.
- What is the cost to ship an oversize item? A surcharge is applied of either 25%/unit or $125/unit, whichever is greater.
- What if my order contains standard and oversize items? The oversize surcharge will only apply to the items in your order which are oversized.
- What if my oversize item arrives damaged? Because oversize items ship via common freight carrier, it is highly recommended that you inspect your product upon arrival. There is a 14-day time period to report a damaged product to us for a remake at no charge.
Depending on your order, you may receive multiple shipments. This is most common with when there are more units on an order or where there is a variety of product types in the order.
Alaska and Hawaii
Standard shipments to AK and HI:
- Must ship FedEx 2Day®.
- The cost is the charge for FedEx 2Day plus 25% of each unit’s cost.
Example: A two (2) blind order of $600 will have a $230 shipping fee ($40/unit for FedEx 2Day + 25% of each unit’s price).
Oversize shipments to AK and HI:
- Are sent via common freight carrier.
- An oversize surcharge of 25% of each unit's cost applies, plus either 25% of each unit's cost, or $300 /unit - whichever is greater of the two.
Example: An order with two (2) oversize blinds totaling $700 will have a shipping fee of $775 ($300/ea. oversize item + 25% of each unit’s price).
Changes, Cancellations & Returns
We want you to be happy with your order. It is important that you are sure of your decisions before you finalize your purchase. You can order free swatches to get fabric and color samples in your home to assist in finalizing your decision. Also, follow our measuring instructions to ensure the right fit.
We build your products to the exact specifications that you provide. We do not stock or inventory any premade products – everything is custom built, one window covering at a time. Because we are a custom business, we cannot resell a product should you change your mind. Once you submit your order, it is immediately sent to our manufacturing facility and the process begins. Therefore, there are no changes, exchanges, returns or refunds.
Mistakes Happen – We’ve Got You Covered
We understand that sometimes mistakes happen. That’s why you can rest assured that we have you covered.
- If we make a mistake, we’ll make it right. If we make a mistake with your order or your product was damaged in shipping, we’ll pay for its return and remake it for free. You must contact us with 14 days of receiving your order so we can help you.
- If you make a mistake measuring, we’ll remake it for you. If you receive your product and realize you were off a bit with your measurements, just let us know within 14 days of receiving your order. We will remake your blind or shade at no cost to you and we cover shipping both ways! You only pay if there’s a difference in price between your new and original product, or if the dimensions of the new product now make it oversize (greater than 94” wide) the oversize shipping charge will apply. Limit of 5 free remakes per household per lifetime. The remake must be same product, lift system and fabric/color – only a change in dimension is allowed. No refunds.
- If you change your mind, we’ll provide a discount on a new order. If you receive your product and decide you selected the wrong product or material, we will give you 50% off a replacement product. You must notify us within 14 days of receiving your order and we will place your discounted new order for you over the phone. Also, take advantage of our free swatches to help in choosing a new fabric and color for your home before you place your new order.
Lifetime Product Warranty
All Next Day Blinds products are covered by our lifetime product warranty. You can rest assured knowing your Next Day Blinds shades, shutters, and blinds are covered for a lifetime against mechanical failure or factory defect. See the full details of our warranties to learn more. If you have mechanical trouble with your product down the road, please contact us for warranty service.